Antrim 1844: Westminster, MD's Hidden Whiskey Gem (You NEED to Try This!)

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844: Westminster, MD's Hidden Whiskey Gem (You NEED to Try This!)

Antrim 1844: Westminster, MD - An Unfiltered Review (Whiskey, Charm, and Maybe a Ghost?)

Okay, folks, buckle up. We're diving into Antrim 1844, Westminster, MD, and let me tell you, this ain't your cookie-cutter hotel experience. This place is…well, it's a vibe. More on that later.

First, let's tackle the SEO stuff, because, you know, gotta get those Google eyeballs on this hidden gem. We're talking Antrim 1844, Westminster, MD, Whiskey Experience, Luxury Hotel, Historic Hotel Maryland, Romantic Getaway, Spa Retreat, Fine Dining, and yes, Maryland Wedding Venue. I'm also thinking Accessible Hotel, Pet-Friendly Hotel (even if it's currently not allowed!) (Hey, maybe they'll change their mind!), Maryland Staycation, Weekend Getaway from DC/Baltimore, and definitely Best Hotel in Maryland. Okay, SEO dump done. Now for the JUICY bits.

Accessibility, Check-in, Peace of Mind, and the Vibe:

Right off the bat, Accessibility is a mixed bag. While the website mentions facilities for disabled guests, I need to investigate this a little more before declaring it fully accessible. Definitely call ahead and specify your needs. The Elevator is a definite plus, but I need to know where it goes! Check-in/out [private] is a nice touch, giving you a more personal welcome. And the Front desk [24-hour] is always reassuring. Also, they have CCTV in common areas and, outside the property, along with Security [24-hour] - I’m always happy to see that level of safety. Check-in/out [express]? I’m not sure why you’d want that here. Embrace the history, man!

Cleanliness and Safety… Because 2024, amirite?

Okay, THIS is where Antrim shines. They clearly take hygiene seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. Kudos. They also offer Room sanitization opt-out available…which is a nice touch, given the current climate. I saw Hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and staff seemed well-trained in safety protocol. They have a First aid kit and a Doctor/nurse on call, just in case. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items? YES! Safe dining setup? Absolutely. Cashless payment service too - they’ve really thought this through.

The Rooms - Where the Magic (and maybe a ghost?) Happens:

Alright, let's talk rooms. They're… well, they're NOT boring. I'm talking Air conditioning, of course, but also Blackout curtains (thank the heavens!), Bathtub, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Free Wi-Fi, and a Refrigerator to store your celebratory whiskey (because, you know, details). You'll find Hair dryers, Ironing facilities, In-room safe box, Linens, Mini Bars, and Non-Smoking in all rooms. Satellite/cable channels and On-demand movies? Yep. Reading light for the late-night bookworm? You betcha. Bonus points: the Soundproofing is excellent. I slept deeply (possibly because of the aforementioned whiskey). And who doesn't need a wake-up service these days? I am especially interested in checking into one of the Non-smoking rooms and, dare I say, rooms with the possibility of extra-long beds?!

The Real Star: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Where Antrim Truly Shines

Okay, this is where Antrim 1844 goes from "nice hotel" to "HOLY MOLY, I'M IN HEAVEN."

  • The Whiskey! So, let's talk about that whiskey experience. Antrim has a fantastic bar, which hosts a well-stocked collection of bourbons, scotches, and whiskeys. This isn't just a "whiskey list," it's an education. You get to sample, you get to experiment, you get to ask questions and actually learn about what you're drinking. And the bartenders? Masters of their craft. They’re like whiskey whisperers. Ask about the local options! They probably know more than you!
  • Poolside bar? Yes, but it’s more than that. Think cocktails, appetizers, and a view that's just… wow. The pool is outdoor, but frankly, even just wandering over here is a great time.
  • Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants! They have a Breakfast [buffet] (hello, deliciousness!), Breakfast service, A la carte in restaurant for dinner (fancy!), and even Buffet in restaurant. They also have a Coffee shop, which I frequented. I didn’t get over to the Asian cuisine in restaurant(which I hope is good!) but the other food options have been great!
  • The Food! I gorged myself on the International cuisine in restaurant, the Salad in restaurant, and the Desserts in restaurant . The Vegetarian restaurant/options I am sure will make the ladies happy. The Western cuisine in restaurant is top notch.
  • Other Treats. They have a Snack bar (thank god), and Bottle of water in your room!
  • Service, service, service. They have Room service [24-hour] and Alternative meal arrangement.

Body, Mind & Soul: Spa and Relaxation (because you deserve it)

Okay, let's be clear: I'm a sucker for a good spa. And Antrim 1844 delivers. They have a full-blown Spa, with a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Swimming pool [outdoor] with a Pool with view. Seriously, the views from the pool are breathtaking. They offer various Spa services including Body scrub, Body wrap, and Massage. They even have a Foot bath which I took full advantage of! And for the fitness fanatics, or those trying to work off the amazing food, there's a Gym/fitness center!

Things to Do (Besides Eating and Drinking, Though That's a Valid Option)

Look, this place is all about slowing down and savoring. But if you're the type that needs activity, there's still plenty. They have a Fitness center and a Bicycle parking! There are several places for entertainment nearby, including restaurants. You could explore the charming town of Westminster, or take a day trip to explore the many historical spots in Maryland. They can arrange tours or give you tips at reception.

I'm still not super clear on what the Shrine is.

For the Kids (Though Maybe This Isn't That Type of Place)

Antrim 1844 skews more "romantic getaway" than "family fun zone." However, they do offer Babysitting service, some Kids facilities and, I’m assuming, Kids meal options.

Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easy

Okay, the little things matter. They have Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Cash withdrawal, and Gift/souvenir shop (perfect for grabbing something for the folks back home). Their Laundry service, Dry cleaning, and Ironing service are convenient. A Convenience store too? Yes, please! They also have a Daily housekeeping, Luggage storage, and Doorman. They even offer Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. You can also request Food delivery.

For the Business Traveler (Even Though You Should Really Be Relaxing)

They do have Business facilities which includes Audio-visual equipment for special events, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meeting stationery, and a Projector/LED display. They have Xerox/fax in business center, Meetings and Seminars.

The Imperfections, the Quirks, and the Honest Truth

  • The "Historic" Thing: Okay, this IS a historic property. And the rooms are… well, they're not sterile. They have character. Some might call it charm. Others might say "a little dated." I thought it gave it character. Just be prepared for creaky floors and maybe a wonky door or two.
  • The Lack of Pets: I was a little disappointed that Pets allowed unavailable. Boo!
  • The WiFi: The Free Wi-Fi is available. However, I needed to switch between networks at times.
  • The Ghosts (Maybe?): Okay, so the rumors are true. Some people say the place is haunted. I didn't see anything myself, but I did hear a few whispers. Keep an open mind (and maybe bring a night light).

**

Phuket Paradise Found: Dang Sea Beach Resort Awaits!

Book Now

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly polished travel itinerary. This is a messy, glorious, probably-slightly-drunken dispatch from… well, Antrim 1844, a ridiculously charming (and romantic) place in Westminster, Maryland. Get ready for a rollercoaster of good vibes, questionable decisions, and the occasional existential crisis over a bad cup of coffee.

Antrim 1844: My Messy Little Adventure

Pre-Hassle: Logistics (aka, the stuff I almost screwed up)

  • Getting There: Driving. Because, let's be honest, I'm allergic to airports. Plus, rolling into Antrim is half the fun. (Also, I packed way too much stuff. Seriously, why do I need three different types of earrings for a weekend?)
  • Accommodation: Duh, Antrim 1844. Booked months in advance. (Pat myself on the back for once. Adulting win!) I splurged on the "Bellevue Suite" because, well, treat yourself, right? Expectation: Lush, romantic, maybe some strategically placed rose petals. Reality: Praying the bed isn't too squeaky and the air conditioning actually works.
  • The Itinerary (Attempted): Ha! Let's be real, this is more of a guideline than a rigid plan. I anticipate spontaneous detours, unexpected naps, and the occasional existential breakdown over a particularly bad scone.

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and a Bit of Wine

  • 3:00 PM: Check-In (and the Initial Swoon): Arrive at Antrim. Oh. My. God. Seriously, this place is stunning. The drive up the long driveway, the stately mansion looming… It's like something out of a Jane Austen novel, if Jane Austen had a taste for really impressive landscaping. Check-in was smooth. The lady with the clipboard was super nice, but I was already distracted, gazing at the lobby. I did not write the "squeaky bed" thing in my notes. The Bellevue Suite is divine…like, legitimately, divine. Four-poster bed, fireplace, claw-foot tub… I could get used to this.
  • 4:00 PM: Exploration and the First Scone (Fail). Wandering around. I need to see everything. The gardens are gorgeous, but I'm also getting slightly sunburned. (Note to self: Pack sunscreen next time, genius.) Stop for afternoon tea in the parlor…it was okay. The scone felt like it was made with concrete. (Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration. But it wasn't life-altering.)
  • 6:00 PM: Pre-Dinner Drinks & the First Meeting: Head to the carriage house for drinks. It was lovely! Cozy and rustic. I ran into a lovely couple from Philadelphia who were also staying at Antrim. Turns out, they were longtime fans and had stayed at Antrim every year for the last ten years. That's dedication.
  • 7:30 PM: Dinner at the Mansion (Potential for Disaster): The main event! I've heard the food lives up to the hype. Tonight, I'm channeling my inner fancy person. Or, at least, trying to. I'm slightly terrified of accidentally spilling red wine on myself (it's a genuine fear, okay?). And what if I don't understand the menu?! Deep breaths. Okay. Done.
    • Post-Dinner Debrief: Okay, the food was incredible. The ambiance, impeccable. I may have overindulged in the wine (see above, fear of spilling on myself). Pretty sure I attempted a conversation about the geopolitical situation with the couple from Philadelphia… it ended with everyone laughing. Success!

Day 2: History, Hiking (Maybe?), and Unnecessary Emotional Overload

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (and the Second Scone): Breakfast at the mansion. I'm cautiously optimistic about the scone situation. Actually… This one was better. Still not earth-shattering, but edible. They were out of my favorite orange marmalade. (First world problems, I know.)
  • 10:00 AM: Local History (or, What Actually Happened in the Civil War): Westminster is steeped in history. I've been reading up on the Civil War and the Battle of Gettysburg. Antrim itself has a fascinating past. I'm going to try to get my bearings on the town's history. I've heard some local stories. This should be fascinating (and maybe a little heartbreaking).
    • Post-History Breakdown: Wow. Just… wow. The history of this area is intense. The blood, the sacrifice, the sheer weight of it all. I think I'm going to need a nap after this. And maybe a stiff drink.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch (and an Attempt at Moderation): Somewhere in town. Maybe a little cafe. Need something light after all that heavy history. And a strong coffee, please.
  • 2:30 PM: Hiking (Questionable Decision): The plan: a hike in the nearby area. My body is screaming, "Stay inside, curl up with a book, and eat chocolate," but I feel obligated to be outdoorsy. We'll see how this goes. Expectation: Stunning views, a triumphant sense of accomplishment. Reality: Sweaty, slightly out of breath, possibly getting lost. (I should probably have brought a map.)
    • Post-Hike Assessment: Okay, it wasn't as bad as I thought. The views were gorgeous (when I wasn't staring at my feet, trying not to trip). The sense of accomplishment? Minor. The desire for a long, hot shower? Major.
  • 6:00 PM: Free time, the spa (maybe?): I've got a little free time. It's time for some relaxing, getting a massage. It's like my body's begging me for a break.

Day 3: Departure (and the Emotional Hangover)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (and the Final Scone – Fingers Crossed): Last breakfast at the mansion. This scone better be good. I'm emotionally invested at this point. (And, naturally, I'm sad that it's almost over.)
  • 10:00 AM: Packing (The Dreaded Task): Ugh. Packing. The inevitable chore. Trying to make sense of the mess I've created in the Bellevue Suite. Taking one last look at my dreamy suite. Sigh.
  • 11:00 AM: Checkout (and the Goodbye Sob): Check out. Saying goodbye to Antrim. I feel a deep, deep sadness. Honestly, I wish I could stay forever. I am saying goodbye.
  • 11:30 AM: The Drive Home (and the Post-Vacation Blues): The long drive back. Reflecting on the weekend. The good times, the slightly awkward moments, the questionable scone. And already, I'm plotting my return. Antrim, you were a damn dream.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch.
    • After-the-Vacation-Assessment: What a wonderful trip. I feel refreshed, a little bit better, and incredibly glad that I had the chance to stay at Antrim 1844. I am sure I will return soon.

Postscript:

This trip wasn't perfect. I probably over-ate (and over-drank). I might have gotten a little too deep in the history. But it was real. It was messy. And it was utterly, fantastically, human. And that's all that matters. Now, time to start planning my next adventure… (and maybe work on my scone tolerance.)

Star Wars: Legoland's Epic Johor Bahru Adventure! (One Medini Must-See!)

Book Now

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Okay, Okay, spill the beans! What’s the BIG deal about Antrim 1844? Why all the hype about a whiskey place in Westminster, Maryland?

Alright, alright, settle down! Look, it’s not just a whiskey place. It’s practically a time warp. Imagine, you're strolling through a beautiful, old mansion, and BAM! You're hit with the scent of aged wood, leather, and… well, let’s just say the ghosts of good times past (and maybe a few actual ghosts, who knows!). Antrim 1844, well, it’s an experience. They've got this amazing collection of whiskeys – some you’ve *dreamed* about, others you didn’t even know existed. It's the kind of place where you can actually feel the history soaking into your bones. It’s not just a drink; it's a whole *vibe*. And honestly? It slaps. I stumbled upon it by accident, and frankly, I nearly walked right back out when I saw the prices. But now? Now I'm a convert. Seriously, it's become a problem.

So, whiskey. What kind of selection are we talking? Are we stuck with the boring stuff, or something… more exciting?

Boring? Honey, *no*. They have everything! Rye whiskeys that'll make your toes curl (in a *good* way, mostly), bourbons that sing, and Scotch that'll transport you to the Scottish Highlands. They also have a whole load of whiskeys other than those. And the staff? They actually *know* their stuff. I mean, I went in wanting a simple Old Fashioned, totally clueless. The bartender, this guy Ryan - seriously, he's a miracle worker – he walked me through the nuances of various bourbons, explaining the mash bills and the distilleries... *and* didn’t make me feel like a total idiot. He’s even got me hooked on a particular single-malt. My wallet hates him.

Alright, the whiskey is good, I get it. But what about the atmosphere? Is it stuffy and pretentious? Because, honestly, I can't handle that.

Okay, this is where it gets interesting. Yes, it's in a beautiful historic building. Yes, it *could* feel intimidating. But it doesn’t! Look, you can tell they’ve put real effort into making it both classy and *comfortable*. It feels like you’ve stepped into someone’s really, really cool, well-stocked, slightly gothic living room. You can dress up, you can dress down. There's a fireplace. A damn fireplace! And the staff? They're genuinely friendly and helpful. No side-eye, no snobbery… just a love of whiskey and a desire to share it. I once saw a guy show up in jeans and a band t-shirt, and nobody batted an eye. He was, however, *very* pleased with his ridiculously expensive and delicious dram.

Is there ANY food? Because I drink whiskey, but I need something to soak it up!

Yes! Thank GOODNESS. Because a girl can’t live on whiskey alone, even though she might want to try. They offer a menu – it changes, but it always delivers. And they have a full dinner too. Their restaurant is in house and it is top-notch. The food is delicious and it goes so well with the whiskey.

Okay, the price. Be honest. Am I going to need to sell a kidney?

Okay, let's be real. It *is* a little pricier than your average dive bar. You are paying for the experience, the quality of the whiskey, and the gorgeous setting. But the prices are fair for the quality, and there are options for every budget. They have some entry-level whiskeys that are accessible, and then some seriously high-end stuff for special occasions (or if you’re feeling particularly reckless, like I often do late on a Friday). Honestly, the value is there. The quality of the stuff is *far* beyond your average bar. Think of it as an investment in happiness, a little slice of heaven, a...well, you get the idea. But yeah, I've had to cut back on my coffee habit to afford it. Worth it?

Give me a specific experience! Tell me something that really *sold* you.

Oh, god, where do I *begin*? Okay... so, a few months back, it was a freezing cold night. I was feeling completely blah. Just…done. My best friend, bless her heart, dragged me there. We were seated by the roaring fireplace. I wasn't really in the mood so I ordered a whiskey and didn’t even bother asking about the brand. The bartender, Ryan again – the man’s a magician, I swear – brought me a drink and told me all about it. It was a bourbon from a small distillery, and he said it was aged in a cask that had once held sherry. The colour was so rich it glowed in the low light. He told me to take a sniff, and then a sip… and honestly? I swear, I felt a physical weight lift off me. The flavours… they were just… *amazing*. It was like warm caramel, spices, a hint of fruit, and something that felt… comforting. That one drink, that one moment… it completely changed my mood. It reminded me to slow down and to appreciate the moment. I actually think I cried a little bit, haha. The next thing I knew, I was ordering my fourth dram. And after that? I was laughing with my friend, and totally forgetting about everything that had been stressing me out. It wasn’t just the whiskey, no. It was the whole *thing*. The atmosphere, the company, the knowledge of the staff, the sheer escape of it all. It was… perfect. It's still etched in my memory. I still go back, chasing that feeling. And you know what? I usually find it. Or at least, something *close* to it.

Is there anything I *won't* like? Be honest.

Okay, I'm not going to lie. Parking can be tight, especially on weekends. Seriously, I've had to park down the street and walk. And the prices, as I said. They can bite. And if you're expecting a loud, rowdy bar scene? This ain't it. It's more of a place for conversation, for savouring your drink, for soaking up the atmosphere. So, if you are looking for a place to get sloppy and loud, this place might not be the spot. But honestly, those are minor things! If I'm being really picky, sometimes the wait times can be a bit long. But when you are really enjoying yourself it is like a blink of an eye. That's about it! I can’t find anything else to complain about!

Final Verdict? Worth it?

Travel Stay Guides

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States

Antrim 1844 Westminster (MD) United States