
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus International Hotel (Foshan)!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the gilded world of the Venus International Hotel in Foshan! Forget those sterile, robotic reviews. This is going to be a messy, honest, and hopefully, hilarious journey through its velvet ropes and shimmering pools. Let's see if this supposedly "unbelievable luxury" lives up to the hype.
First Impressions: Accessibility, or "Where's the Ramp?"
Okay, so accessibility is a must for anyone wanting a chill time, right? And the Venus claims to be up to scratch. We're talking Facilities for disabled guests on the checklist which sounds promising. Elevator? Check. But honestly, I'm not a wheelchair user, couldn't give it a full proper check. So, call ahead and confirm if you are looking for it. Otherwise, it is still pretty accessible.
Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Oh, the Blackout Curtains!
Let's be real, the room is where the rubber meets the road. And oh boy, the Venus rooms… they’re a mixed bag of "oooh shiny!" and "wait, is that dust?".
The Good: Okay, let's start with the basics. Air conditioning? Definitely. Free Wi-Fi? YES! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Shouting for emphasis). Now that's the kind of luxury I can get behind. The extra-long bed was a DREAM. Seriously, I could've slept in that thing for a month. And the blackout curtains? Sweet mother of all that is sleep-inducing, they were PERFECT. Knocked out the world, noise, and light in seconds. Magic. Essential. A lifesaver.
The Indifferent: The in-room safe box? Bathroom phone? Alarm clock? Meh. Things that usually are a part of hotel life, it works, just doesn't bring anything to the table.
The Questionable: The carpet… it was… carpet. You know? Carpeting. Not awful, not amazing. Does the job.
Extra point to the Amenities: They have complimentary tea and free bottled water and bathrobes, again, basic Hotel-type amenities, but important.
A Moment of Pure Bliss (and a Bit of Embarrassment): The Spa
Okay, so Spa/sauna, Pool with view, Body scrub, Foot bath, Massage – the Venus claims to have it all. Honestly, I wasn't going to get into all of it, but then I stumbled into the Sauna.
Now, I'm not a sauna person. I like my air conditioned. So, I went in thinking, "Five minutes. In-and-out- quick!".
But oh my god… I closed my eyes, felt the heat wrap around me, and something shifted. My shoulders melted, my tension dissolved. I was a puddle of happy goo. I'm pretty sure I snored. Definitely sweat. It was glorious.
Then, disaster. I was about to exit, feeling refreshed, when I tripped over a decorative rock (why are there decorative rocks in saunas? Who knows!). I flailed. Landed in a heap near the exit. Mortifying. But hey, even that could be excused by getting inside the Sauna.
After the sauna, got a Massage. I have to say, it was pretty great.
The Food: A Glutton's Guide
The Breakfast Buffet: Breakfast [buffet]… and Asian breakfast included! I love a buffet. And honestly, the Venus buffet was PRETTY GOOD. All the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, pastries, fruits. The coffee/tea in restaurant was decent. I particularly enjoyed the soup in restaurant. My friends say I was greedy, but how can you say no to a buffet?
Dining Options Abound: Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Poolside bar, Bar. They had it! There was A LOT of choices.
Room Service, the Ultimate Test: Room service [24-hour]. This is where hotels truly shine. When you are trying to enjoy your vacation and have to be at work is not the best. We went for it at 2:00 am. A burger and fries (a classic test). Delivered quickly, and honestly, tasted way better than it had any right to at that hour. Bonus points for the bottle of water they included.
The Safe Dining Setup Also important for the post-covid world. Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
Things to Do (Besides Eating): Poolside Paradise and Fitness Fails
Pool Time: Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view. The outdoor pool was gorgeous. Definitely the highlight of the day. The water was crystal clear, the view was stunning. Just divine. I could have spent days there. The Poolside bar helped with the drinks! The only downside was that the pool was just cold enough to not to make me forget for the trip, because I got in.
The Gym: Fitness center, Gym/fitness. I always try to be good to the gym inside hotels. But I had no motivation on this trip. No comments.
For the Kids: Kids facilities, Babysitting service. Okay, so I didn't actually need those, but if you are on the run with your kids, you'll be fine.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Post-Pandemic Peace of Mind
- Cleaning Protocol: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Hand sanitizer, Masks required everywhere It made me feel safe and comfortable.
Services and Conveniences: The Extras
- Concierge, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Food delivery, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Convenience store, Gift/souvenir shop, Daily housekeeping. All the things you need!
The Verdict & That All-Important Call to Action
The Venus International Hotel is… well, it's a mixed bag. Is it "unbelievable luxury"? Not always. Is it a great hotel? Absolutely. It's got fantastic rooms (especially those blackout curtains!), a killer spa, a decent pool and a good buffet. There are a few missteps here and there, but nothing that can ruin your experience in a week or two.
Here's the Deal, Folks!
Book your stay at the Venus International Hotel in Foshan NOW, and get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view! PLUS, enjoy a free massage at the spa and a voucher for the bar. But wait, there's more! For a limited time, we're also offering a special discount on all food and beverages. Don't miss out on this opportunity to experience the "unbelievable luxury" for yourself! Visit [Insert Booking Link Here] and use code "VENUSFUN" at checkout.
Go! Book! And prepare to have your own messy, hilarious, and hopefully, unforgettable adventure!
Colosseum Hotel Morahalom: Hungary's Hidden Gem? You Won't Believe This!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't gonna be your sanitized, perfectly-organized travel itinerary from a brochure. This is my brain's chaotic, slightly-obsessive, and totally-over-the-top exploration of the Venus International Hotel Guangdong Foshan Longjiang Exhibition Center 2nd Branch, Foshan, China. Let's see if I can even pull this off!
Title: Venus & Venting: A Foshan Fiasco (Or, Maybe Just A Fun Mess?)
Day 1: Arrival - Sensory Overload and the Sushi Debacle
Time Unknown (aka: whenever my jet lag claws loosen its grip): Landed at the Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The air hit me like a warm, humid hug… followed by a face full of honking scooters. This, my friends, is China. Got a shuttle (or maybe a very aggressive taxi – details hazy) to the hotel. My first impression? Blinking neon signs, chaotic traffic, and the undeniable scent of… well, I'm not sure what, but it smelled promising!
14:00 (give or take): Finally stumbled into the Venus International. The lobby was… a lot. Think chandeliers the size of small cars, enough marble to pave a Roman road, and a receptionist who looked like she'd seen it all (and possibly judged me a little for my travel attire). Check-in was a pleasant blur of smiles and unintelligible Mandarin. Got my room. Verdict: Spacious! Slightly… clinical? Like a very nice hospital room. But hey, clean sheets are clean sheets.
16:00 (a.k.a. Sushi Shenanigans): Food. I needed food. Found a sushi place nearby. Mistake. The photos looked amazing. The reality? Well, let's just say, the rice was…firm. The fish – let's not even go there. I took one bite of a particularly egregious roll and had to politely, yet urgently, excuse myself to the restroom. My stomach is still recovering. Moral of the story: stick to the noodles, people.
Evening: Wandered around Longjiang. The streets were buzzing. So many people, so many lights, so much… stuff. Bought a questionable-looking, but ultimately delicious, street snack. Learned a few basic Mandarin phrases (mostly variations of "Where is the…?") and barely attempted to negotiate prices at a local market. This whole "bargaining" thing is a whole new level of stressful.
21:00: Exhausted. Crawled back to the hotel. Took a blessedly hot shower. Journaling. Feeling grateful for the air conditioning.
Day 2: The Furniture Frenzy & Temple Tranquility (Or, My Love-Hate Relationship with Foshan Begins)
Morning: Breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Buffet, baby! The usual suspects, plus some… interesting… local options. I bravely tried a small portion of something vaguely resembling meat and another something that was very probably vegetables. Result: Minor gastronomic victory!
09:00: The Longjiang Exhibition Center! Okay, so, the reason I'm here is a furniture exhibition. It's gigantic. Seriously, I got lost three times. The scale is mind-boggling. Saw chairs, sofas, tables…enough furniture to furnish a small country. Honestly, after the first hour, everything started to blend. I feel like my brain is now officially, permanently, cluttered with images of upholstery.
Afternoon (aka The Emotional Rollercoaster): I was wandering through the halls on a mission to find a specific vendor and suddenly got a massive sensory overload, I needed to sit down. Found a bench near a small coffee shop. Ordered an iced coffee (a life-saver). Felt this wave of overwhelm hit me. The noise, the crowds, the relentless pressure to buy… it's all a bit much sometimes. Then, I managed to speak with a potential supplier who started to convince me to use a local factory. I felt a surge of hope! This trip might actually be worthwhile!
16:00 (Temple Time): Needed a palate cleanser. Needed to escape the furniture vortex. Found a local temple. The air smelled of incense and something else… I couldn't quite place it. It was peaceful, quiet, and just… calming. Watched locals performing rituals. Felt completely out of my element but strangely comforted. Got a feeling that this trip wouldn't be a complete waste of time.
Evening: Dinner at a restaurant recommended by a local. Much better than the sushi disaster. Ordered some soup – perfect. Conversed with some of the staff in a mixture of gestures, broken Mandarin, and sheer, unadulterated hope. Actually felt like I was connecting with something.
21:00: Back in the room. This is my favourite part of the day, the quiet time. A little writing, then some reading. My back aches, my brain is fried, but… strangely, I'm kind of starting to like Foshan. Or at least, I'm intrigued.
Day 3: The Return of the Exhibition & The (Slightly) Less Disastrous Noodles
Morning: Breakfast at the hotel. Found the coffee machine. Praise be!
09:00: Back to the Exhibition Center. This time, I was prepared. Got a cup of coffee, focused on my mission. I spoke with more vendors and actually felt like I understood some of the presentations. Progress!
Afternoon: Needed a break from the noise, so I found a quiet corner and started to write some notes regarding the suppliers i had found interesting. I started to feel overwhelmed again, but forced myself to concentrate! This is what I came for!
Evening: Hit another noodle place. This time, I did my research (or at least, I looked at a few TripAdvisor reviews). The noodles were… delicious. A proper, slurping, messy, happy-making experience. Ordered a second bowl. No regrets.
21:00: Packing. My suitcase is a chaotic mix of clothes, business cards, and the lingering scent of noodles. Feeling oddly sad about leaving. I want to stay.
Day 4: Departure - The Last Embrace of Longjiang?
Morning: Checked out of the hotel. Had a final, slightly frantic breakfast at the buffet. Said goodbye to the friendly receptionist.
11:00: Heading back to Guangzhou for the flight. The bus ride was bumpy. The scenery was a blur of factories, apartment buildings, and the occasional glimpse of something beautiful.
Afternoon: At the airport. Reflecting on the trip. It was a mess, a chaotic mess. I got lost, ate some questionable food, and felt overwhelmed by the sheer scale of everything. But… I also had some incredible experiences. I met some wonderful people, learned a few things, and discovered that I can, actually, survive in a foreign country on very little sleep and a diet primarily of coffee and noodles.
Final Verdict: Foshan is an assault on the senses. It's exhausting. It's beautiful. It's frustrating. It's stimulating. And, strangely, I'd go back in a heartbeat.
And that, my friends, is it! This is my truth. My imperfect, messy, human truth. I hope you enjoyed the ride.
Vienna Hotel Chongqing: Luxury Stay on Lijiatuo's Vibrant Street!
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus International Hotel (Foshan) - Let's Get Real (Maybe too Real?)
Is the Venus International Hotel *actually* luxurious? Like, are we talking gold-plated toilet seats level lux?
Okay, so "luxury" is a loaded word, right? My expectations? Sky-high. After all, the website promised... well, *everything*. And honestly? The marble lobby? Divine. The chandelier? Glittering perfection. But the gold-plated toilet seat? Nope. Sadly, no. (Though I did spend a good five minutes *looking* for one just in case. Don't judge! I had expectations!). It's definitely a step up from your average motel. But think more in the "well-appointed, extremely comfortable, with a touch of bling" category than "Pharaoh's tomb meets Vegas." One thing though? The *robes*. Oh. My. God. Those robes were so fluffy, I legitimately considered just living in them for the entire trip. Seriously, I might still be wearing one. Don't tell anyone.
What's the food situation like? Are we talking bland hotel buffet or something *worth* writing home about?
Alright, food. The eternal question! The breakfast buffet? A land of both joy and mild despair. Joy, because... well, free food buffet! Despair because, after a few days, you're pretty sure you've seen every permutation of scrambled eggs and sad, pale sausages known to man. The dim sum was actually *amazing*, though. Seriously, the little steamed buns? Heaven in a bamboo steamer. I ate so many I could barely waddle back to my room. My only real issue? The service during breakfast. One morning, I waited for practically an hour for my coffee. I flagged down a waiter, and he just stared at me blankly. Then, he *laughed* and wandered off! I eventually got my caffeine fix, but honestly? I almost had a full-blown meltdown. Seriously, bring your own instant coffee, just in case.
Okay, so the rooms... spacious? Cramped? And is the Wi-Fi actually usable?
The rooms? Pretty darn spacious, to be honest. I had a junior suite, and I swear, I could’ve hosted a small dance party in it (and nearly did!). Big comfy bed, decent views, all the usual amenities. The Wi-Fi? That's a tale of two halves. It worked perfectly fine most of the time. I’m talking streaming HD videos, no problem. But then, for a few hours one afternoon, it completely died. Poof! Gone! Like a digital ghost. I spent the next hour pacing, completely cut off from the world, battling both boredom and a sudden, overwhelming urge to reorganise the mini-bar. It was a real first-world problem, let me tell you. But seriously, bring some books. Or a deck of cards. Just in case. And maybe a portable charger... you never know.
The pool and other "recreational facilities" - worth a dip or totally missable?
Okay, the pool. Hmm. It *looked* gorgeous. Sparkling blue water, loungers all around, the whole shebang. But here's the thing: I’m… not a pool person. More of an "air-conditioned room with a good book" kinda gal. So, I didn’t actually *go* in the pool. I *did* take a quick peek. It seemed… fine? Clean. The gym, on the other hand? I ventured in there, and… well, it was functional. Treadmills, weights, the usual suspects. There were a few other people working out who looked like they knew what they were doing. Me? I just felt slightly awkward and out of place, like I was crashing a fitness convention. So, judge for yourself, I guess. If you’re into the whole pool/gym thing, then go for it! I, however, preferred the fluffy robes.
What's the general vibe of the hotel? Is it full of business types or more of a holiday haven?
The vibe? A bit of both, I think. There were definitely some business travelers – sharp suits, serious faces, constantly glued to their phones. But there were also families, couples, and yes, a few solo travellers like myself. The lobby had a constant hum of activity – hushed conversations, luggage being wheeled around, the occasional burst of laughter. It wasn't a wild, party-hard kind of place, but it wasn't stuffy either. It was… *comfortable*. Which, after a long day of exploring Foshan, was exactly what I needed. One thing's for sure – the staff always greeted me with a smile, even when I stumbled over my few pathetic attempts at speaking Mandarin. And that, my friends, goes a long way.
How's the location? Easy to get around Foshan?
Location, location, location! Alright, the Venus is in a decent spot. Not *smack* in the middle of everything, but definitely walkable to some restaurants and shops. Taxis are readily available, and the staff can help you hail one. Public transport? I, admittedly, didn't master it while I was there. I’m a terrible navigator! But, I *think* there were some buses or the metro. Again, the staff was helpful. You might have to wave your hands a bit and maybe practice some charades if your Chinese is as bad as mine, but they'll figure it out. Just be prepared for a bit of a journey if you want to see everything Foshan has to offer. It’s a big city!
The Staff - helpful or a bit… lost in translation?
Okay, let's talk staff... they were genuinely lovely. Mostly. The front desk was always helpful, even with my ridiculous requests (like, "Can you recommend a place to buy... a rubber duck? Don't ask..."). Some of the waiters in the restaurant? A little... less fluent in English. Which led to some *interesting* order misunderstandings. Like the time I somehow ended up with a plate of what I *think* was tripe. (Let's just say I’m now very familiar with the phrase "lost in translation"). But they always tried their best, and that’s what counts! There's a certain charm in the slight miscommunications, really. It added to the whole experience, actually. Just double-check your order, maybe...
Would you go back? (And what's the *real* verdict?)
Would I go back? Honestly? Absolutely. Flaws and all. Despite the coffee catastrophe and the potential tripe incident, I had a really great stay. It's a comfortable, well-appointed hotel with friendly staff and a convenient location – that offers some seriously fabulous robes. The dim sum alone is worth the tripThe Stay Journey

