Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Chongqing's Hidden Gem!

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Chongqing's Hidden Gem!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Chongqing - My Brain Dump (and Yours Will Be Too, Hopefully!)

Okay, so I just got back from Chongqing, a city that's basically a giant, steaming bowl of deliciousness and… well, let's just say my internal monologue is still recovering. But the Venus Royal Hotel? That, my friends, deserves its own standing ovation. Forget the boring brochure descriptions, I'm here to give you the real deal. Buckle up, because this is going to be a wild, messy, and hopefully, utterly helpful ride.

First Impressions & The Grand Entrance (Accessibility, Services, & Security - the boring stuff, but hey, important!)

Chongqing is a city that tests your mettle. Hills, heat, and spicy food galore. Getting to the Venus Royal was…adventure. But the moment you arrive, whoosh, instant calm. Seriously, the lobby is breathtaking. Think shimmering chandeliers, enough marble to tile a small country, and a staff that actually smiles (a rarity in some hotels, trust me).

  • Accessibility: Okay, folks with mobility issues, listen up. They've got an elevator that actually works (miracle!), and while I didn't personally utilize all the Facilities for disabled guests, the vibes were good. Wide hallways, ramps where needed… They seemed to have thought about things, which is huge.
  • Security: This is not some sketchy back alley hotel. CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, 24-hour security, Smoke alarms…you get the picture. I felt safe, which is a massive plus, especially when you're a solo traveler like yours truly.
  • Check-in/out: They offer Contactless check-in/out, which is a win, and their staff are trained in Safety protocol which is crucial.
  • Services/Conveniences: Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Room service [24-hour] (essential at 3 am when the spicy food hits you!), Luggage storage… they've got it all. I actually utilized the Doorman; my suitcase was heavy.

The Room - My Sanctuary (Available in All Rooms, Cleanliness, Internet & More!)

My room? Let's just say I momentarily considered moving in permanently. The Air conditioning was a godsend. Blackout curtains – thank you, sweet baby Jesus, for a good night's sleep! But first, I needed to check every goddamn thing.

  • Cleanliness & Safety: This place takes it seriously. Rooms sanitized between stays, Individually-wrapped food options, Hand sanitizer everywhere. They had even opted to allow Room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice option. The room was spotless. I'm talking, clinically clean. They even use Anti-viral cleaning products. Seriously impressive. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this was a HUGE win for me.
  • Internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! The Internet access – wireless was fast and reliable. No more buffering! I could actually upload photos of my food adventures… which, trust me, were epic. There's also optional Internet access – LAN.
  • Essentials: Bathrobes, Slippers, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water – the small things that make a huge difference. The Desk was perfect for working, though admittedly, I spent more time staring out the window and enjoying the view. Daily housekeeping – they even made my bed! (I know, I know, a luxury!)
  • The Extras: In-room safe box, Mini bar, Separate shower/bathtub, Hair dryer… they thought of everything. There was even a scale! (Don't judge. After all that amazing food, I had to check.) Mirror with a great size and positioning. Additional toilet.
  • Pro tip: Splurge on a room with a view. You won't regret it. Especially the High floor.

Dining, Drinking, & Snacking - My Waistline's Worst Enemy (and My Taste Buds' Best Friend!)

Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Chongqing is a food paradise, and the Venus Royal holds its own. Prepare to loosen your belt.

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was a masterpiece, they also offer Breakfast in room, and Breakfast takeaway service. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Coffee/tea in restaurant Desserts in restaurant,… It was a smorgasbord of deliciousness. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was stunning, with a whole section dedicated to spicy noodles. I may have eaten my weight in them.
  • Restaurants: The Restaurants themselves are gorgeous. A la carte in restaurant options, Buffet in restaurant, Happy hour. They have a bar that I utilized for a little relaxation and a lot of enjoyment. They offered International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, all of which I sampled and enjoyed.
  • Room Service: Room service [24-hour] saved me a few times after long days of exploring. The food was prompt, hot, and delicious.
  • Poolside bar: This was my happy place! Cocktails, sunshine, and a breathtaking view.
  • Snack bar: Always a good thing.
  • Bottle of Water: Always appreciated.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - My Attempts at Zen (Spa, Pool, & Fitness!)

After all that eating (and the hills!), I needed some R&R.

  • The Pool: The Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view. The view was amazing. I basically lived in the pool. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I spent a good chunk of my time there. It's beautiful, sparkling clean, and the perfect escape from the Chongqing heat.
  • The Spa: I opted for a Body scrub and it was heavenly. They also offer a Body wrap.
  • Other options: The Fitness center looked legit, but I'm not sure I was in "fitness" mode after all the noodles. They also offer a Sauna, Steamroom, Foot bath – the works. Massage.
  • Proposal spot – I didn't get engaged, but if you are, it's a beautiful spot.

The Quirks, the Chaos, and the Little Things

  • The Staff: Seriously, the staff were amazing. So friendly, helpful, and patient with my broken Mandarin. They went above and beyond.
  • The Location: This hotel is in a great location that has Taxi service readily available.
  • The Soundproofing: The Soundproof rooms were a godsend.
  • The Little Extras: They had a Gift/souvenir shop which came in handy for last minute gifts. Cash withdrawal. Currency exchange.
  • Things I Missed: I didn't get around to all their facilities, like Meeting/banquet facilities, the Business facilities, or any Indoor venue for special events and Outdoor venue for special events.

My Unsolicited Advice: Book It. Like, Now.

Look, the Venus Royal Hotel isn't just a place to sleep. It's an experience. It's a luxurious haven in the heart of a bustling city. It's where you can retreat after a day of exploring, recharge your batteries, and indulge in some serious pampering.

Here's My Pitch, Straight From the Heart (and Fueled by Noodles):

Tired of the same old boring hotels? Crave an escape? Then prepare to be amazed! Book your stay at the Venus Royal Hotel in Chongqing and unlock a world of unparalleled luxury and unforgettable experiences. Enjoy:

  • Immaculate, stylish rooms: Featuring all the modern amenities you crave (and some you didn't know you needed!)
  • A culinary journey: From the exquisite buffet breakfast to world-class restaurants, your taste buds will thank you.
  • Relaxation redefined: Pamper yourself at the spa, take in the breathtaking views from the pool, and let your worries melt away.
  • Exceptional service: A dedicated team is waiting to cater to your every need.
  • Safe and Secure: They know how to sanitize and keep guests safe.

But wait, there's more! For a limited time, book your stay and receive:

  • A complimentary welcome drink at the Poolside Bar.
  • A discount on a spa treatment.
  • Early Check-in or Late Check-out (subject to availability).

Stop dreaming and start packing. Your Chongqing adventure awaits. Click here to book your Unbelievable Luxury Awaits at the Venus Royal Hotel! You and your taste buds will thank me later! Trust me, you won't regret it.

Tianjin Nankai University Hotel: Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my trip to… Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza, Chongqing, China. Sounds glamorous, right? Yeah, well, let's see if it actually is. This isn't your polished travel brochure, this is a messy, real-life, hopefully-not-totally-disastrous adventure.

Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for Noodles (and Sanity)

  • Morning (or What Passes for Morning After a 16-Hour Flight): Arrived in Chongqing. Jet lag? Oh, honey, that's a suggestion. I feel like I'm living in a world where the sun sets at noon and everyone speaks in a delightful, yet utterly indecipherable, symphony of tones. Checked into the Venus Royal. It's… clean. Which is a good start. The lobby smells faintly of… well, I can't quite place it. A mixture of jasmine, industrial cleaner, and something that vaguely resembles a forgotten pot of tea. I’m already convinced I’ll become a hardcore fan of the hotel.
  • Afternoon: The Noodle Hunt. Okay, so I’m STARVING. And my internal clock is screaming, "IT'S DINNER!" Except it's actually… lunchtime? Whatever. My mission: find authentic Chongqing noodles. The hotel staff, bless their hearts, pointed me… vaguely towards the exit. Armed with a phrasebook and a prayer, I ventured forth. Let me tell you, navigating the Wanzhou district is like playing a real-life game of Frogger, but with scooters, bicycles, and the occasional rogue vendor hawking… something.
    • Anecdote: I tried to ask a street vendor for directions. I pointed at my stomach. I made a slurping sound. The vendor, bless his heart, just stared at me. Finally, he threw his hands up in the air, pointed towards an alleyway and yelled something in Chinese. I decided that was the best I could expect. I was, of course, wrong.
    • The Noodles: Followed the yelling instructions (which I’m pretty sure meant “Go that way, dummy”). Found a tiny, bustling noodle joint. The noodles? Amazing. Slurpy, spicy, and the best thing I've tasted since… well, since the last time I ate. The chili oil almost blew my head off, but I loved every second.
  • Evening: Walked back to the hotel, slightly delirious but with my stomach full. Tried to watch a movie. Nope. Just couldn't focus. Jet lag won. Passed out on the bed, fully clothed, probably snoring.

Day 2: Exploring and the Great Tea Challenge

  • Morning: Woke up feeling vaguely human. Well, slightly less prone to tripping over my own feet. Decided to explore the Fuside Plaza. (It's HUGE. Seriously, like several city blocks). Had a cup of tea in the hotel. It was… interesting. Let's just say, it had a "unique" floral aroma. It tasted like something I’m not sure I can name here. I need to find the right way to prepare tea in China or else I'm never going to find inner peace in this place.
  • Afternoon: Attempted a visit to a local park. Got lost. Found a really cool temple instead! The architecture was stunning, all red and gold and intricate carvings. Managed to find some locals that were incredibly supportive and helped with getting around. Also, I tried to buy some street food. The guy selling it seemed to find the whole situation hilarious. It required me to point to some street food and then make a face of blissful satisfaction while pantomiming eating. I'm certain they'll be telling that story around Wanzhou for weeks.
  • Evening: Back at the hotel. Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was… good. Safe. Maybe a little too safe considering the spice levels I’ve grown accustomed to. Went to bed early, still fighting the urge to sleep until the sun sets.

Day 3: The River Cruise and the Karaoke Catastrophe

  • Morning: Woke up feeling surprisingly chipper! Decided to take a boat cruise down the Yangtze River. The views were amazing – mountains, bridges, bustling cityscapes. Such a beautiful and unexpected thing to find in the middle of the city. This trip is already worth it just for the view.
  • Afternoon: Decided I needed to start getting "local". So, I attempted to learn some Mandarin. It went… poorly. Let's just say my accent sounds like a particularly enthusiastic parrot attempting to speak. It ended up being surprisingly fun, even though I know I’ll never be fluent.
  • Evening: Karaoke Night. Okay, this is where things went from “charming” to “utterly absurd.” The hotel had karaoke. Curiosity got the better of me. I’m not a singer. Like, at all. But, hey, when in Rome (or, you know, Wanzhou). I picked a song. I butchered it. Badly. The whole room was laughing. The other guests, who were all locals, were incredibly supportive. Turns out, laughter is a universal language, even in a place where I can barely order a plate of noodles. They insisted I sing more. It was… unforgettable. I think I might have scarred a few people for life. I'm even more convinced I'll become a fan of this hotel.

Day 4: Departure (and Possibly a Noodle Withdrawal)

  • Morning: Packing. Saying goodbye to the view. I am already sad to be leaving. The hotel, the people, the noodles… I am going to miss it all.
  • Afternoon: Last meal in Chongqing at the hotel. I’m already planning my return trip. This has been my first time traveling on my own and I'm so glad I took it.
  • Evening: Flight Home. Contemplating the next adventure. And already desperately craving those Chongqing noodles.

So, yeah, it wasn't perfect. It was messy, sometimes frustrating, and definitely involved a few moments of pure, unadulterated chaos. But, it was real. It was human. And it was, in its own weird, wonderful way, perfect. The Venus Royal Hotel? It’s growing on me. And those noodles? I'm already dreaming of them.

Uncover Hidden Gems: Hotel El Tratado, Tordesillas, Spain - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Chongqing's Hidden Gem! (Or, You Know, Maybe Not?) - FAQ Edition

So, is this whole Venus Royal thing REALLY worth the hype? Like, seriously?

Okay, buckle up. This really depends. The website promises… well, it promises the moon, doesn’t it? Silk sheets billowing in the Chongqing breeze, butlers who anticipate your *every* whim, a view that will make you forget your name, etc. etc. And then you get there, and… well, let's just say reality is a complex beast. I'd say, *sometimes*. I went expecting a flawless, James Bond-esque experience, and I got, let’s be honest, a mixed bag. The lobby *is* stunning, I’ll give them that. It's all polished marble and ridiculously oversized flower arrangements. Makes you feel like you've walked into a perfume commercial. But then the elevator… oh, the elevator. More on that later. Let's just say, "worth the hype" is a question that needs more nuance than a silk tie.

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they actually "royal"?

'Royal' is a subjective term, wouldn't you say? My room, let's call it the "Standard Deluxe with City View" (which, let's be real, probably translates to "Room with a view of a building opposite"), was... okay. Spacious, yes. Clean, mostly. (I *did* find a tiny, rogue crumb on the nightstand, which, I have to admit, threw me.) The bed? Comfortable enough, I suppose. The pillows, however... oh, the pillows. It was like sleeping on clouds... if those clouds were stuffed with, I don't know, compressed cotton balls? And the air conditioning! It either roared like a jet engine or hissed like a frightened snake. There seemed to be no in-between. And the *bathtub*! Yes, the website boasted a luxurious, soaking tub. And it was… there. Filled up just fine. The water pressure was… adequate. It's all about managing expectations, honestly. Was it fit for a royal? Perhaps the slightly less picky branch of the royal family. Like, the cousin who always gets the short straw.

That elevator you mentioned… spill the tea! (or, you know, explain the elevator situation)

Oh, the elevator. My nemesis. My tiny, metal prison. The elevator situation was… memorable. Let's just put it that way. Picture this: You're crammed in, surrounded by a group of mostly silent, slightly bewildered-looking people. The doors SLAM shut with a resounding *CLANG*. You take a breath, ready for a smooth ascent... and then… nothing. You are stuck. Okay, I'm exaggerating *slightly*. It didn't always get stuck. But let’s just say the elevator’s journey was a little… theatrical. It would lurch, it would stop randomly, it would make these unsettling groaning noises that made you question the structural integrity of the entire building. Multiple times I looked at my watch and considered taking the stairs even if I was going to the 45th floor. One time, I swear, it went *down* when I pressed the UP button. I nearly had a full-blown panic attack. Eventually, it would arrive, after a performance of rattling and banging that would rival any off-Broadway production. The staff apologized profusely, of course. They offered fruit baskets and free massages for the elevator-induced stress. Bless them, they tried. But the elevator... it was a *character*. And not in a good way.

What about the food? Did the Michelin stars magically appear?

Alright, let's talk about the culinary experience. Promises of exquisite cuisine, innovative presentations, and dining experiences that would redefine how you see food? Well, the reality was… a bit different. The breakfast buffet? A classic example. The spread was extensive, no doubt. There were noodles, eggs, various unidentifiable meats, and a dazzling array of… pastries. But the pastries, oh, the pastries. I took one bite of a croissant that tasted suspiciously like stale cardboard. It was heartbreaking. Truly. I am a croissant connoisseur. I *love* croissants. To experience such disappointment at such an early time of day was… devastating. The dinner at the supposedly "fine dining" restaurant was better, but still, not Michelin-star level. The presentation was nice, the service impeccable. But the flavors… they were… there. You know? Not offensive, not spectacular. Just… food. Perfectly edible, but not something I'd write home about. And the prices? Let's just say, my wallet is still recovering.

So, would you recommend this hotel? Be honest!

Here’s the thing: I had a *weird* time. Some things were fantastic, some were… less so. The staff, bless their hearts, were incredibly friendly and helpful. They truly went the extra mile to make my stay pleasant and to help me get my bags up after so many stairs during the elevator situation. The location is great, the lobby is beautiful, and the view from my room was… okay, once I got past the building opposite. But the elevator. The pastries. The slightly-overpriced meals. These are all things to consider. So, would I recommend it? If you’re looking for a truly luxurious, seamless experience with absolute perfection? Maybe look elsewhere. Although, I will say, it’s a fun story to tell! But if you're open to a quirky, slightly imperfect, but ultimately charming experience, then YES. Just… prepare yourself. Pack your own croissants (or at least, lower your croissant expectations). And maybe bring some strong calves for all those potential stair climbs. And, for heaven’s sake, cross your fingers about the elevator. You'll be fine. (Probably.)

Any hidden gems or things I *must* not miss?

Okay, here's the lowdown. The spa *was* actually pretty good, once you can tear yourself away from your fear of the elevator. The massage was excellent, and the atmosphere was genuinely relaxing. Definitely worth it. Don’t miss the rooftop bar for a drink. It’s expensive but the views of Chongqing are incredible, especially at night. And bring earplugs! You never know what noises you might hear coming through the building. And for the love of all that is holy, pack a small flashlight. You'll thank me later, especially if the elevator decides to play its little games.

Okay, final thoughts? Regrets? Would you go back?

Regrets? No. Not really. It was an experience, that's for sure. I mean, I can honestly say I've never had quite such a varied experience from one hotel before. The rollercoaster of emotions, the terror/joy of the elevator. The croissant disappointment. All of it. Would I go back? Honestly? Probably. Yes, the Venus Royal has its flaws, but it also has charm. In a particularly chaotic, slightly-falling-apart-but – trying-its-best kind of way. It's like that friend everyone loves, even though they're always aBlog Hotel Search Site

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China

Venus Royal Hotel Chongqing Wanzhou Fuside Plaza Chongqing China