Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Beijing's Hidden Gem!

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Beijing's Hidden Gem!

Forget the Forbidden City, You NEED the Venus Royal Hotel, Beijing! (Trust Me, I've Been)

Okay, listen up travel junkies and luxury lovers! I'm back from Beijing, and let me tell you, I’ve got a hotel recommendation that’ll make you wanna pack your bags RIGHT NOW. Forget the usual tourist traps. Forget the stress. I'm talking about the Venus Royal Hotel, and it's not just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a damn good one, too, flaws and all. (And yes, there are flaws. No place is perfect, and that's kinda the beauty of it, right?)

First, the Gush, the Great, the Grand (and the Glitches)

Let's start with the good stuff. Okay, the amazing stuff. The kind of stuff that makes you feel like you’ve stumbled into a secret world of relaxation and pure, unadulterated pleasure.

  • Accessibility: Okay, so I didn't personally need the wheelchair access, but I saw it! They do have facilities for disabled guests, an elevator (essential!), and they seemed genuinely accommodating. No eye-rolling or awkwardness – that’s HUGE!
  • Cleanliness and Safety (the Most Important Thing Right Now): Guys, they’re SERIOUS about this. They’re like, "Germs? GTFO!" They’ve got anti-viral cleaning products (thank god), rooms sanitized between stays (whew!), daily disinfection, and even individually-wrapped food options. They also have staff trained in safety protocol. Felt super safe, and that’s a relief these days. They even let you opt-out of the room sanitization, if, for some reason, you don't like that. Weird, but a thoughtful option.
  • Internet (Because We Need It): Come on, let's be real. We need Wi-Fi. Not just in the rooms, but everywhere. And the Venus Royal Hotel delivers! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank goodness. They also have Wi-Fi in public areas, Internet access – LAN (for the old-schoolers), and Internet services. No buffering, no dropped connections. Life is too short for bad WiFi!
  • The Rooms (Oh, the ROOMS!): Okay, I was in a non-smoking room (thankfully! I hate cigarette smell!). It had EVERYTHING. I’m talking air conditioning, a blackout curtain (essential for beating jet lag), a bathtub (hello, relaxing!), and even freaking bathrobes and slippers. The bed was a dream, the pillows were fluffy clouds, and the wake-up service actually woke me up! (Who knew?) Plus, they had a desk for those emails you have to answer (or pretend to!). I even used the laptop workspace to catch up on my (very important) social media! There was an in-room safe box, complimentary tea, and free bottled water (praise be!). Let's not forget the in-room safe box. I, personally, am clumsy and need things kept safe (yes, really, always).

My "Pool with a View" Moment (and the Tiny Disaster That Followed)

Okay, let's talk about the pool. The swimming pool [outdoor] with a view (Pool with view). Pictures don’t do it justice. It shimmered in the Beijing sun, and the surrounding architecture was just chef's kiss. I'm talkin' Instagram-worthy perfection. I thought, "This is the life!" I floated on my back, stared at the sky… and then remembered I forgot to put on sunscreen. DUDE. Burned to a crisp. Moral of the story: always apply sunscreen, even if you're feeling invincible. The pool, though? Still amazing. I did eventually retreat to the spa. The sauna, the steam room, the foot bath… Pure bliss. I had a massage (needed that after being burnt!), and it wiped away every ounce of stress. I even got a body wrap and body scrub – I came out feeling like a whole new person. They have a fitness center (gym/fitness), but I'm allergic to exercise. LOL.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (My Personal Olympics)

  • Restaurants (plural!): Okay, the food. Where do I even begin? They have restaurants with Asian cuisine (the Peking duck was legendary!) and international cuisine. They also have a vegetarian restaurant (my friend loved it!), and a coffee shop. The a la carte in restaurant was also to die for. I devoured the desserts in restaurant – every single one. They even have a breakfast [buffet] which is a MUST. And of course, the poolside bar, perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail. The happy hour was, well, happy.
  • Room Service (A Lifesaver): Ugh, jet lag. The room service [24-hour] saved me more than once. I ordered the breakfast in room, a salad in restaurant, and a late-night snack from the snack bar. Genius.
  • The Imperfections: Yes, there was a slight communication hiccup with the room service one night. My soup didn't show up. I can't lie, I was hangry (who doesn't get angry when hungry?) and, if anything, these little bumps made me appreciate the good stuff even more. I'm pretty sure I scared the poor waiter when I called to figure out what was happening!
  • Dining Experiences: They knew what they were doing with the safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and even, in the post-COVID world we're in now -- the physical distancing of at least 1 meter!

The Services and Conveniences (They Thought of EVERYTHING!)

  • Seriously, EVERYTHING: They've got a concierge to handle everything from booking tours to finding a decent dry cleaner (yes, they offer dry cleaning and laundry service!). There's also a convenience store, gift/souvenir shop, and even currency exchange. They've got valet parking (bliss!), airport transfer, and taxi service. They had a doorman, and daily housekeeping. They even offer contactless check-in/out.
  • Facilities for Disabled Guests: Yes, they have ALL the support and accommodations!
  • Business Travelers Rejoice!: Business facilities, meeting/banquet facilities, seminars, all that jazz. They even had a Xerox/fax in business center and audio-visual equipment for special events.
  • For the Family: They also have babysitting service and family/child friendly services -- so the kids can play while you relax!

Things to Do (Besides Eat and Swim!)

  • Ways to Relax: They have a massive spa!
  • For Special Events: They have indoor venue and outdoor venue for special events
  • I wasn't there for a proposal but I saw some couples on the terrace enjoying the view!

The Quirks (and the Stuff They Could Improve)

  • Little things - They didn't have pets allowed (sad face), and that's probably a big deal for some of you.
  • Check-in/out [private] -- A more private experience -- the private check-in and check-out was awesome.

Here's the Deal: My Unsolicited Recommendation

Look, I'm not getting paid to say this, but if you’re going to Beijing, you NEED to stay at the Venus Royal Hotel. It's not perfect (where is?), but it’s damn close. The staff are friendly, the rooms are gorgeous, the food is incredible, and the spa is a slice of heaven. It's a haven from the crazy, beautiful chaos of Beijing.

Here’s My Unbelievable Offer: Book now and get a free upgrade to a room with a balcony and a complimentary in-room massage! Use code "BEIJINGBLISS" when booking.

Don't delay! Your Beijing adventure (and your sanity) awaits!

(Disclaimer: I may or may not have snuck extra pastries from the breakfast buffet. Don't judge.)

Manchester United's Secret Hotel Getaway: Hilton Garden Inn!

Book Now

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is the unfiltered, slightly-overcaffeinated, maybe-a-little-hungover (depending on how things went the night before) chronicle of my glorious, chaotic, and hopefully not utterly disastrous stay at the Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun in Beijing, China. Prepare for whiplash, because my mood swings faster than a Beijing street vendor's hand.

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of a Hotel Room

  • 6:00 AM (ish) - Wake-Up Call (or, more accurately, the Alarm's Insistent Screaming): My phone, a cruel mistress, decided six AM was the perfect time to introduce itself to the glorious dawn. I swear, I hit snooze five times, each time cursing the existence of jet lag and the fact that my brain apparently thinks sleep is optional.
  • 8.00 AM - Flight (finally!) - Arrived at Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK). Thank god for pre-booked airport transfer because navigating this behemoth independently feels like trying to herd cats in a snowstorm.
  • 9:00 AM - Airport Shenanigans: The airport was, well, busy. Crowds, smells of instant noodles, and a vague sense of impending chaos. Found my driver eventually – he looked slightly terrified of me, which may have been my fault for, you know, existing.
  • 11:00 AM - Venus Royal Hotel - The Great Room Reveal: Arrived at the Venus Royal Hotel. First impressions? Shiny! Like, really shiny. The lobby gleamed like a freshly waxed car. Check-in was smooth, mostly because the poor receptionist's Mandarin was about as good as my nonexistent Mandarin. Then…the room. It was fine, clean, even. But there's something about an unfamiliar hotel room that always triggers this weird existential dread. You’re just…there. Surrounded by furniture that doesn't belong to you, staring at the ceiling wondering if you’ll ever truly understand the meaning of life while simultaneously trying to figure out how the hell the shower operates. Took me 20 minutes to figure out how the shower worked and another 10 minutes to stop it from inexplicably changing its water temperature.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch (or, My Stomach's Cry for Help): Found a random restaurant in the hotel. Ordered "something." It turned out to be…interesting. Let's just say I'm pretty sure I ate something that used to moo. But hey, it was food, and the jet lag was starting to eat my will to exist. I am sure I looked utterly lost.
  • 2:00 PM – A Nap I Deserved (and needed): After a shower that was more like a baptism, I crashed. Slept like the dead. Woke up questioning whether I was still in this reality.
  • 5:00 PM - Exploring the Area (the Attempt): Attempted to leave the hotel but got lost immediately, just outside the entrance. The hotel’s location seems a little remote. Also, the language barrier made any form of communication seem impossible. Decided a quiet evening was exactly what I needed.
  • 7:00 PM - Hotel Dinner/ Late-Night Snack. Had the hotel restaurant’s rendition of a burger and fries. The burger was fine; fries? Not so much. Ordered a bottle of local beer. I’m going to bed, I told myself. I am.

Day 2: The Great Wall (or, Me vs. A Historical Wonder)

  • 7:00 AM - The Great Wall Awakening: Dragged myself out of bed early, fueled by lukewarm instant coffee and sheer willpower. Today, I conquer the Great Wall! Or at least, I attempt to.
  • 8:00 AM - Transportation Booked the hotel shuttle to go to the Great Wall. They have a great transportation service, and the drivers are mostly patient. I'm not sure I'm the most patient individual at this point.
  • 9:00 AM - The Great Wall (Finally!). Oh. My. God. The Great Wall. I mean, the wall isn't even the most impressive thing here. The sheer SCALE of it. The way it snakes across the mountains. I almost teared up. It's overwhelming. Just…wow.
  • 9:30 AM - Hiking Hell: Okay, maybe "hell" is an exaggeration. But those steps! They're like, designed to kill tourists. I thought my legs were gonna give out. I took more breaks than a chain smoker. The views, though… Absolutely worth it. I could feel the history buzzing around me.
  • 11:00 AM - The wall's snack pitstop - bought a pair of super-cheap sunglasses from a vendor with a delightful smile. He probably saw my desperate need for shade reflected in my sweaty face.
    • Quirky Observation: Saw a group of teenagers trying to take a selfie stick photo. They were all dressed in the same clothes.
  • 12:00 PM - The Descent (and the Triumph): Made it down. Alive! My legs were screaming, my lungs were protesting, my hair was a mess, but I did it! Celebrated with some terrible, but nonetheless delicious, street food.
  • 1:00 PM - The Drive Back (Sleepy Time): Dozed the entire way back to the hotel. Woke up drooling. Glamorous.
  • 3:00 PM - Massage Time - Spent an hour in the hotel's spa, getting the knots in my shoulders worked out. Best money I've ever spent.
  • 6:00 PM - The Quest for "Dinner": wandered around the local area, found a small restaurant. Was able to translate "chicken" to order the dish through a helpful phone app. It came, and it was delicious.
  • 7:30 PM - Reflection, and the Great Wall's Aftermath (in bed) - I just lay in bed, replaying today in my head. The Great Wall was so much more than a "tourist trap," and it’s one of the best things I have experienced.
  • 8:00 PM - Lights Out: Good night, world. I need to be ready for tomorrow.

Day 3: Return/ Departure

  • 8.00 AM - Breakfast (and the Sad Reality): Another hotel breakfast. Ate what I could, tried not to dwell on the fact that my trip was almost over.
  • 9:00 AM - Packing (the Inevitable): Started packing. Hated every second of it. Why does everything come with so much stuff?
  • 11:00 AM - Check-Out and Departure: Check out was fast and efficient. Goodbye, Venus Royal Hotel! It's been…an experience.
  • 12:00 PM Transportation to the airport Pre-booked airport transfer took me back to the terminal.
  • 2:00 PM - Flight, The Final Act: On the flight and looking forward to home.
  • 3:30 PM - Airport Exit - Exiting the airport.

Emotional Rundown:

  • Highs: The Great Wall. The spa. A few moments of clarity amidst the chaos. The moment I realized I could navigate the hotel's elevator without getting utterly lost.
  • Lows: Jet lag. The relentless language barrier. That one burger I ate. Those dang stairs.
  • Overall Impression: This trip was wild, confusing, exhausting, and utterly, irrevocably wonderful. China has left its mark on me, and I cannot believe I have the urge to plan for the next trip.

P.S.: Note to self: Learn some basic Mandarin before the next adventure. And for the love of all that is holy, invest in some proper hiking boots. And maybe, just maybe, drink less the night before a Great Wall experience.

Vienna Hotel Jiangxi: Your Luxury Stay Near Jiujiang's High-Speed Rail!

Book Now

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Venus Royal Hotel, Beijing – FAQ (With a Whole Lotta Me in It!)

Okay, seriously, is this place *actually* as fancy as they say?

Alright, deep breath. Fancy? Honey, it's less fancy and more "your jaw will detach and become a permanent resident of the lobby" fancy. I mean, I walked in, and the air itself felt expensive. Like, someone had bottled the whispers of a thousand jade statues and sprayed it around. (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating… *slightly*.)

The marble? Glorious. The chandeliers? Bigger than my apartment. The staff? Creepily efficient. Like, before I could even *think* about needing a towel, one just…materialized. It was unnerving, in the best possible way. Seriously, this level of opulence is bordering on the absurd. I actually felt a little bit guilty just *existing* there, like I was accidentally walking on a priceless rug with dirty sneakers. (I wasn't, thankfully.)

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they, you know, worth the price tag?

Look, let's be honest. This place isn't budget-friendly. You're paying for the *experience.* That said… the rooms. Oh, the rooms. Think enormous bathtubs where you could legitimately get lost. Think beds so plush, they practically hug you to sleep. Think… a *pillow menu*. Yes, you read that right. A freaking PILLOW MENU. I chose the lavender-infused memory foam, because, well, when in Rome (or, you know, the Venus Royal Hotel), go all out.

The only downside? My actual REAL life apartment is now deeply depressing. I went home and cried a little. But hey, at least I had a fabulous memory, right? *Right?*

Okay, the Food – is it as good as the rest? I'm a foodie!

Foodie, huh? Buckle up, buttercup. The Venus Royal doesn't just *serve* food; they curate culinary experiences. The breakfast buffet… forget about it. A vast expanse of glistening pastries, exotic fruits I couldn't even pronounce, and chefs standing around, literally waiting to cater to your every whim. (I felt like royalty!).

I had this, like, tiny craving for a specific kind of local dumpling. And I asked; I jokingly asked the concierge. By the time I got downstairs, there they were. And they were perfect! Best dumplings ever - I'm going to be chasing that dragon the rest of my life. The dinner was also incredible - I mean, the wagyu beef was phenomenal. I was almost embarrassed about how much I ate. Almost.

What about the spa? Tell me *everything*!

The spa. Okay, so I'm not usually a spa person. I'm more of a "bath and a face mask I bought on sale" kind of girl. But the Venus Royal spa… it broke me. It *shattered* my skepticism. The massage? The most blissful hour of my entire existence. I fell into a deep, happy sleep and woke up feeling ten years younger. I emerged with skin so smooth I could have slicked a whale.

The only problem? Now, my regular massages feel like a gentle tickle. Again, my post-Venus Royal life is one of constant disappointment. But, hey, the memory of that spa still gives me tingles. Worth every single penny.

What's the vibe? Is it snooty?

Okay, this is a legit concern. Sometimes, these fancy places are run by people who seem to actively *dislike* their guests. Thankfully, not here. Yes, it’s luxurious, and yes, it's… well, fancy. But the staff were actually really lovely. I will say that one time I was trying to order room service late at night and the phone line was somehow down, and there was a lot of awkwardness with the translator app on my phone - but they handled it with grace. They also treated me very well even though I was apparently wearing my "I haven't slept in days" look.

Is it good for families?

Honestly, I didn't see a lot of kids. It's the sort of place where someone who just might *lose* a small child in the sheer expanse of the place. It felt more like a couples retreat or a solo indulgence kind of place. That’s my PERSONAL impression, but I would probably go out of my way to choose to leave my kids at home. Just my two cents!

What are the downsides, if any? (Come on, there *have* to be some.)

Okay, real talk time. Aside from the aforementioned price tag (which, let's be real, is a major downside for us non-billionaires), there were a few minor quibbles. The Wi-Fi was a little spotty in my room on occasion. And, this is nitpicking, but the espresso machine took me a *while* to figure out. (I may or may not have flooded the bathroom floor in the process. Don't tell anyone!) But honestly? These are tiny, insignificant blips on the radar. Maybe I'd also like for them to serve even more dumplings!

Honestly, the only real downside is the crushing disappointment of leaving. Seriously. Prepare for a serious case of the post-luxury blues.

Hidden Stay

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China

Venus Royal Hotel Beijing Miyun Beijing China