
Uncover the Secrets of Historic Hotel Arvon: A Great Falls (MT) Legend
Uncover the Secrets of Historic Hotel Arvon: A Great Falls (MT) Legend - A Review That's as Gritty as the Missouri River
Alright, folks, buckle up. You're not getting a cookie-cutter hotel review here. We're diving headfirst into the Historic Hotel Arvon in Great Falls, Montana, and trust me, it's a journey. Forget pristine brochures and perfect angles. This is the good stuff, the dirt under the fingernails kind of truth you crave.
First Impressions: Charm with a Side of "Hmm…"
The Arvon. From the outside, it's a classic. You can practically smell the history – and maybe a little bit of aged wood and… well, let’s just say “vintage” carpets. The exterior corridor situation did give me pause. Felt like a film noir setup, you know? But hey, you’re in Great Falls, not the Ritz (though, the Arvon certainly aims high!).
Accessibility - Navigating the Past (and Present Tech):
Okay, let's be real. Accessibility is a mixed bag. The elevator? Thank goodness! Important for those who don't feel like chasin'. Wheelchair accessibility is listed, which is great, but you do get the sense it’s an older building, right? I'm not an expert, but I'd suggest calling ahead to confirm specific needs are met. (See, I'm already getting practical! Just a little…)
And about that Internet Access: FREE WI-FI in the rooms? YES! Bless this hotel. But the "Internet Access - LAN" listing, I'm guessing that's for the tech-savvy folks who still like to plug in. Like my uncle, who still thinks dial-up is the pinnacle of connectivity.
The Room: Victorian Glamour (with a Few Quirks)
I’m not going to lie, the room was… interesting. Blackout curtains, YES! Lifesaver. Air conditioning, hallelujah! Montana heat is fierce. There was a desk and laptop workspace area, crucial for my… ahem, research. (Writing this review, obviously!) And the bathrobes and slippers were a nice touch, although my robe had a faint scent of… something I couldn't quite place. But hey, character, right?
The bed was… well, it was a bed. Comfy enough. The bathroom was clean, and the toiletries were, well, they were there. The telephone? Definitely old-school, felt like I was calling someone in the early 90s. Gotta love it. Free bottled water is always a plus!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling Your Adventure
Okay, this is where things get interesting. The restaurants. There are several! They list everything from international cuisine and Western cuisine to a dedicated Vegetarian restaurant. I got to try, what, a Coffee/Tea spot. Okay, and a Bar because, you know, research.
I'm not sure what "Asian Breakfast" entails, but more power to us! And hey, the Happy Hour was real, I should say. So many choices, so little time. I didn't have the room service but hey, this hotel knows what a traveler wants so why not indulge in a delicious soup and a salad?
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (Mostly!)
Cleanliness looked to be really really good in the face of the pandemic. The Anti-viral cleaning products were wonderful, I assume. They also had hand sanitizer and a cashless payment service. Great. I’m all for things that make life safe and simple, but this hotel did something that really caught my eye:
They also seemed to have Professional-grade sanitizing services – and the option to Room sanitization opt-out available! I will say I've never seen it, but the hotel's safety protocols were on point.
The safety feature? There are Smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, etc. The front desk is 24-hours, so that’s good.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Beyond the Room
Okay, let’s be honest. Great Falls is… Great Falls. But this has the Fitness center! The Sauna! The Spa! I'm not usually a "spa" person, but after a long bout, let me tell you, the lure of a Massage, a Steamroom, and a Body wrap was strong. The listing boasts a Pool with a view! I didn't get to try it, but it's an outdoor pool, which I'm assuming is pretty special.
Services, Services, and More Services:
This hotel is loaded with services! Laundry service, dry cleaning, and even a concierge. They'll provide an invoice for you, and even handle currency exchange. But I love the fact that there's a gift/souvenir shop. Did I get any? I won't say. Hehe!
For the Kids: Family Fun?
There is Babysitting service. I'm always a fan of hotels that make a family welcome.
Getting Around: The Great Falls Grind
Airport transfer? Sweet. Car park [free of charge]? Golden. You can certainly drive. Valet parking? If you want to be fancy. The taxi service is also there, just in case…
The Arvon: An Honest Assessment
Okay, so, the Historic Hotel Arvon is not perfect. But that's kind of its charm, isn't it? It's got that authentic vibe, a sense of history, and a dedicated staff trying to make it work.
Now, for the big question: Should you stay?
My Answer: Yes. If you appreciate a hotel with personality, where history whispers in the hallways, and you're looking for a genuine Montana experience, the Arvon is worth a shot.
Here’s where things get interesting…
Uncover the Secrets of Historic Hotel Arvon: Your Montana Adventure Starts Now!
Tired of sterile hotels that feel like they were designed by a robot? Crave a genuine Montana experience, a place where history breathes and adventure awaits? Then ditch the generic and embrace the Historic Hotel Arvon!
Imagine this: You sink into a plush bed, the remnants of a day exploring Great Falls fading into peaceful oblivion. Your room has what you need. You wake up refreshed, ready to take on the world, or at least, a hearty breakfast at the hotel restaurant. You might even be tempted to get a massage.
But here's the secret: The Arvon is much more than just a place to sleep. It's a portal to the past, a basecamp for exploration, and a haven of comfort in the heart of Montana.
Here's what you'll get:
- A Room with a Story: Experience rooms that combine rich history with modern amenities.
- Delicious Dining: Savor a diverse selection of cuisines, from mouthwatering Western fare to flavorful Asian dishes and refreshing vegetarian options.
- Relaxation and Rejuvenation: Unwind in the Sauna, get your hands on the spa and massage treatments.
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: Enjoy amenities like free Wi-Fi, on-site parking, and friendly, attentive staff.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: Experience their enhanced cleaning protocols for a worry-free stay.
But that's not all!
For a limited time, book our "Montana Explorer" package and receive:
- 15% off your stay!
- Free Hot Breakfast for two!
- A voucher for a complimentary cocktail or drink in the bar!
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to uncover the secrets of the Historic Hotel Arvon. Book now and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Click here to book your escape: [Insert Booking Link Here]
P.S. Follow us on social media [Insert Social Media Links Here] for exclusive offers and a chance to win a free weekend getaway! #GreatFallsMontana #HistoricHotelArvon #MontanaAdventure #TravelDeals
Tianjin Railway Station? Your PERFECT Hanting Hotel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously-planned, robotically-executed travel itinerary. This is my Great Falls, Montana, adventure at the Historic Hotel Arvon. Expect chaos. Expect feelings. Expect, well, expect a whole lotta me.
Day 1: Arrival and the Grand Illusion of "Relaxation"
1:00 PM - Arrival at Great Falls Airport (GTF): Okay, so I'm supposed to be relaxed. This trip? A "getaway." A chance to recharge. Ha! Let's be real, I'm already running late because of that rogue suitcase wheel I didn't fix. Found it (the wheel) under a couch and my flight got delayed due to a freak thunderstorm that seemed personally directed at me. Anyway, the airport? Charming in a "small-town Montana" kind of way. I snag a charming, slightly beat-up rental car – named "Betsy" (because I'm sentimental, sue me) – and head for the Arvon.
2:00 PM - Check-in at the Historic Hotel Arvon: Oh. My. God. The lobby. It’s like stepping back in time. Opulent, but not in a stuffy way. Think grand staircase, original artwork (some of it… intriguing), and a scent that’s a glorious mix of old wood and… well, I can't quite place it. Maybe history? The staff is ridiculously nice. Like, suspiciously nice. Are they onto my travel-induced anxiety? Anyway, I'm in Room 308. Apparently, someone famous stayed there, which is supposed to be exciting… it's a room!
2:30 PM - Room Reconnaissance and Initial Panic: Okay, so Room 308. It’s… spacious. And the view? Overlooking… a parking lot. Okay. Deep breaths. There's a clawfoot tub! This is a win. But oh, the dust on the radiator… the imperfections are part of the charm, I keep reminding myself, my eye twitching slightly. Where the heck is the remote? Is this a TV?
3:30 PM - "Exploration" (a.k.a. Wandering Around Lost): I wander around the hotel, trying to get my bearings. Get absolutely lost, and ask for directions. I find the library! (It's tucked away, naturally.) Books! A fire ready to be lit! This could be the start of my relaxation.
4:30 PM - The Cocktail Hour of Doom: The bar downstairs. "The Parisien." I order a fancy cocktail, hoping to channel my inner sophisticated traveler. The bartender is a local who knows everything. I ask him about the hotel's history, and he launches into a story about a… murder? A lost gold mine? I forget through the cocktail. He is also a very good bartender.
7:00 PM - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant (The Grill): Okay, I decide to take a chance and have Dinner at the hotel, and I’m glad I did. The food is incredible. The steak is cooked to perfection, and the service is impeccable. A very good dinner and a good beginning. I'm actually feeling pretty good
9:00 PM - Staring at the Ceiling: Back in the room. Can't sleep. Brain won't shut up. I end up staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything and nothing. Sigh. Good night.
Day 2: Waterfall Wonders and Emotional Rollercoasters
8:00 AM - Breakfast (Attempt One): Head down to the dining room. The buffet. A disaster zone of lukewarm eggs and rubbery bacon. I manage to find a slightly acceptable bagel and some coffee. A small triumph. Breakfast. Done.
9:00 AM - Great Falls – the Waterfalls: I’m supposed to be seeing the Great Falls of the Missouri River. The Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center. A bit underwhelming, at first. A lot of information. But as you walk closer to the falls..wow. The raw power is… overwhelming. I stand there, staring at the churning water, and I feel… something. A sense of insignificance, maybe? Or maybe just a deep, abiding appreciation for nature's chaotic beauty. I love it. I love it so very much.
12:00 PM - Lunch at a Local Diner: Oh, the diner. The waitress calls me "honey." The food is greasy and perfect. Burgers the size of my head. I'm talking to the other customers about the history of the town. This is what real life is all about.
2:00 PM - Exploring the Town: I explore Great Falls. The art museum is beautiful. The architecture is cool. I find a great bookstore and get lost for a good hour. I'm really starting to like it here. It feels like a place where people genuinely live and don't just exist to be on a social media feed.
4:00 PM - Back to the Arvon – A Little Bit of History: I return to the hotel. I decide to do another little bit of research. I head down to the Library. It's so quiet, it’s almost eerie. I grab a few history books, and dive into the past, I read about the Hotel's infamous stories. This hotel has seen things. I feel like I want to learn everything. It is absolutely fascinating and it's turning into the best part of the trip.
7:00 PM - Dinner. Different Restaurant.: A new restaurant, different cuisine. The food is good. I’m starting to see I’m not a planner. I'm just going with the flow.
9:00 PM - The Fireplace and the Library: Back to the hotel. I go the library again and I light the fireplace. I read. I absorb the details of the hotel. I have found my zen. I stay there for hours.
Day 3: Departure and the Bitter Sweet Embrace of Reality
8:00 AM - The Best Breakfast: I head down to the dining room with a smile, and order the breakfast buffet again. Today, it’s a little better. I know what to expect. The coffee is good. I’m starting to feel at home.
9:00 AM - Shopping: So, I go shopping for souvenirs. It's always a bit of a disaster. I end up buying something in the gift shop.
11:00 AM - Checking Out: Honestly, saying goodbye to the Arvon is harder than I expected. Leaving the cozy quiet of the library is even harder.
12:00 PM - The Airport and the Longing to Return: As I wait for my flight, I can’t help but smile. Great Falls, Montana. The Arvon. I’m already thinking about when I can come back. The beauty, the history, the quiet…. I close my eyes. Maybe next time, I’ll finally have that perfectly planned, perfectly executed vacation. But deep down, I know that’s not really me. And that's okay.
Post-Trip Reflections (Because, of Course):
Okay, so it wasn’t perfect. There were moments of utter flailing. But it was real. It was quirky. It was mine. And that, my friends, is the best kind of travel.
Also: I totally forgot to mention Betsy's flat tire. That happened. And yes, I did use the spare. It involved a lot of yelling, a helpful local (who offered unsolicited life advice), and a profound appreciation for AAA. But hey. It's a good story now, right?
Final Thought: If you're looking for a flawless itinerary, go somewhere else. But if you want an adventure, a chance to reconnect with your inner weirdo, and a truly unforgettable experience, then go to Great Falls, check in at the Historic Hotel Arvon, and just… let go. You won't regret it. (Probably.)

Uncover the Secrets of Historic Hotel Arvon: A Great Falls (MT) Legend - Ask Me Anything (ish)
So, is the Arvon actually haunted? Spill the tea!
What's the scoop with the alleged "lady in white"?
What's the *best* room to stay in if you're into this whole ghost thing?
What's the history of the Arvon? Beyond the ghosts, what makes it special?
Okay, let's talk food. Good eats in the Arvon?
Tell me more about THAT night in 302! Did *anything* paranormal happen?

