Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab: Your Luxury Railway Station Oasis!

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab: Your Luxury Railway Station Oasis!

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab: My Train Station Sanctuary (And Maybe Yours Too!) - A Review That's Actually Honest

Okay, folks, let's be real. When you hear "hotel near a train station," you probably picture… well, not this. But Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab? It's the exception that proves the rule. This place is trying, really trying, to be a luxurious oasis amidst the… let’s just call it, bustle of Ulan Qab's train station. And honestly? They mostly succeed.

Accessibility (and Me, Because I Need Elevator Now!)

I'll be upfront, I’m not in a wheelchair, but I do value ease of access. And Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab gets it. They've got an elevator, which, after lugging my suitcase across the vastness of the train station, was a godsend. The signage seemed decent – not perfect, mind you, but definitely a step above some places I’ve been. I even saw some ramps. Good job, Vienna Hotel. Now, if they could just install a ramp directly from the train platform to the hotel entrance… (Just kidding! Sort of.)

Cleanliness and Safety – Because Post-Pandemic, We’re All Slightly Germaphobic

Listen, I'm not going to lie. I'm obsessed with cleanliness these days. Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab… they get it. They have anti-viral cleaning products! Daily disinfection in common areas. And little hand sanitizer stations everywhere, just begging to be used. My room? Felt squeaky clean. I even saw the cleaning staff, and they were serious about their business. Honestly, the room sanitization opt-out option? Genius. Shows they're confident in their cleaning! They claim to use professional-grade sanitizing services too. I didn't see them, but I'm taking their word for it! And the Staff trained in safety protocol… they definitely looked it. And I appreciated the first aid kit and doctor/nurse on call .

The Room: My Personal Castle (Minus the Drawbridge)

Okay, let's move on to the real test - the room itself. My room, a non-smoking haven (thank goodness!), was surprisingly spacious. I had a seating area, a proper desk (because, you know, work!), and a seriously comfy sofa. The air conditioning was a godsend (Ulan Qab gets HOT!), and the blackout curtains made sure I slept like a log.

  • The bed: Heavenly! Seriously, one of the best hotel beds I’ve slept in. The extra-long bed was perfect for me (I’m tall-ish). The linens were crisp and clean, and the pillowschef's kiss.
  • Bathroom: The separate shower/bathtub situation was a win. The hair dryer worked, and the toiletries were decent. I’m a sucker for a nice bathrobe, and they delivered!
  • The view: Okay, it was of the train station, but from a high floor. It was kind of fascinating to watch the trains come and go.
  • The internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN… all worked like a charm. And I needed it! I'm talking video calls, uploading photos, the whole shebang.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fuel for the Journey (and The Soul)

Alright, the food! This is where things get interesting. They offer a Asian breakfast, a Western breakfast, and a breakfast [buffet]. The A la carte in restaurant option is also there. I tried a bit of everything.

  • The Buffet: The buffet was decent, with a wide range of options. The coffee/tea in restaurant was good. They also have a coffee shop, so there's that.
  • The Restaurant: The International cuisine in restaurant section was pretty good. I got some surprisingly delish soup in restaurant. I tried a bit of everything. The desserts in restaurant looked amazing, but I was too full.
  • The room service: The Room service [24-hour] was such a godsend after a long day. The menu's packed!

Things to Do (Besides Watch Trains)

Okay, so, the train station proximity does influence what you might do. But the hotel tries to offer distractions…

  • The Fitness Center (Sort Of): The fitness center was… well, it existed. I'm not a gym rat, but it had the basics.
  • The Spa (Meh): They tout a Spa, Spa/sauna, a sauna, and a steamroom. They really really want you to relax! I didn't try these. Looked a little underwhelming.
  • The Pool with View (Again, Mostly Trains): They have a Swimming pool [outdoor] and a Pool with view. But, let’s be honest, the "view" is primarily of the train station. Still, a pool is a pool!

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

These guys are on their game when it comes to convenience.

  • Concierge: The concierge was really helpful with local recommendations.
  • Laundry and Dry Cleaning: They have Laundry service and Dry cleaning, which is essential.
  • Air Conditioning: Air conditioning in public area makes their place even more comfortable.
  • Daily Housekeeping: The Daily housekeeping was prompt and efficient.
  • Currency Exchange: Currency exchange is a nice touch.
  • And tons more: Car park [free of charge], Luggage storage, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Non-smoking rooms.

The Imperfections (Because Let's Be Honest)

  • The Vibe: It's a train station hotel. While it tries to be posh, there's a slight… utilitarian feel. It's hard to escape the echoes of announcements.
  • The Surroundings: Ulan Qab isn’t a destination in itself. You're here because you're passing through.
  • The Food (Again): While decent, it's not Michelin-star level.

Overall: Would I Recommend Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab?

Yes! Absolutely. If you're passing through Ulan Qab, or need a place to de-stress during a long train journey. Yes, it's not perfect. But it's a solid, comfortable, surprisingly luxurious oasis in the midst of a… train station. And after a long day of travel, that matters.

My Score: 4 out of 5 stars.


Tired of Train Station Chaos? Escape to Luxury at Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab!

Here's why you should book your stay TODAY:

Imagine this: Stepping off the train, exhausted and craving peace. Instead of the usual dingy train station vibes, you're greeted by the elegant lobby of Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab. Your escape begins immediately.

What Awaits You:

  • Unwind in Style: Sink into cloud-like beds with extra-long beds! Enjoy free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and catch up on your favorite shows with satellite/cable channels.
  • Fuel Your Adventures: Start your day with a delicious breakfast [buffet] featuring Asian breakfast and Western breakfast along with Coffee/tea in restaurant. Refuel throughout the day with options like a snack bar and room service [24-hour]!
  • Relaxation Redefined: Unwind with a dip in the swimming pool [outdoor].
  • Peace of Mind: Experience the highest standards of cleanliness and safety with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in safety protocol.

But that's not all!

  • Accessibility champion: The facilities for disabled guests will help you relax.
  • Convenience at Your Fingertips: From contactless check-in/out to currency exchange and a convenience store, every detail is crafted for your comfort.

This is more than just a hotel – it’s your personal sanctuary in the heart of the action.

Book your stay at Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab today and treat yourself to an experience you deserve!

[Link to Booking Website]

Don't just travel. Thrive.

Port Dickson's D'Wharf Paradise: Stunning Sea Views (3 Guests Max)!

Book Now

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Vienna Hotel adventure centered around the Ulanqab New District High-Speed Railway Station in… Ulanqab, China. Yep, it's gonna be a whirlwind. Consider this less a polished itinerary and more a travel diary written on a napkin, stained with questionable street food and a healthy dose of bewildered wonder.

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Wall of Hotel Rooms

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Touchdown in Beijing. International flight. The air is already thick with anticipation and the scent of… well, I'm not sure what exactly but it's definitely something. A quick (I use the word loosely) sprint through customs, a chaotic but surprisingly efficient bag claim, and then… the hunt for a taxi to the Beijing high-speed railway station. Let the games begin!

    • Anecdote: Finding a taxi in a Beijing airport feels like trying to snag a rogue fortune cookie at a buffet; pure luck. Ended up charming (read: gently harassing) a rather imposing-looking official who, bless his heart, pointed me in the right direction. His expression, though, was a perfect blend of "Why me?" and "Good luck, you'll need it." He was right.
  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): High-speed train to Ulanqab. The sheer SPEED of this thing is both exhilarating and slightly terrifying… it's like being shot out of a cannon. The window view? Initially, it's a blur of landscapes. Then, it slowly reveals fields of sunflowers, bustling villages, and vast, flat expanses. I swear I saw a camel at one point. Did I imagine that? Probably.

    • Quirky Observation: The train attendants are a study in calm efficiency. They glide through the carriages, dispensing tea and snacks with an air of quiet authority. It's all very civilized, until you realize you forgot to pack chopsticks. Then, it's every man (or woman) for themselves.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Arrive at Ulanqab New District High-Speed Railway Station. Whew. Made it. Luggage retrieval is somehow even more chaotic than Beijing. Time to find our accommodation! That's where it all went slightly sideways. The Vienna Hotel… well, it's a hotel. And it exists.

    • Emotional Rollercoaster: Finding the room. The first room… smelled vaguely of cigarettes and despair. (I don't smoke; I'd know the smell of despair by now.) Second room… well, the bathroom was… an adventure. Let's just say the drain wasn't particularly enthusiastic about its job. Finally, after a desperate plea to the front desk (which I'm pretty sure was just me making vague hand gestures and looking increasingly frantic), we got a room that was mostly habitable. Success! Or, well, a qualified success. The air conditioning worked. That's a win!
  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Attempt to relax and unpack. Failure. The urge to explore is too strong.

  • Evening (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Wandering around Ulanqab near the hotel. The city is nothing like I imagined. It's a mix of new and old, with towering modern buildings and smaller, more traditional shop fronts. The energy is… raw. I love it. Found myself a local restaurant, ordered something I think was chicken noodles, and sat cross-legged on a tiny plastic stool, trying to figure out how to use chopsticks. I failed spectacularly. Flourishing my hands as usual, while trying to communicate to the staff in my best charades impersonation.

    • Opinionated Language: The food was incredible. The best noodles I've ever eaten, and the broth… divine. Absolutely divine. Forget Michelin stars, this was a culinary masterpiece of pure, unadulterated flavor. Seriously, if you ever find yourself near Ulanqab, seek out this place. (Unfortunately, I have no idea what it's called or where it is. My sense of direction is notoriously terrible).
  • Evening (8:00 PM - onwards) : Trying to sleep, while battling jet lag and the sounds of the city, which is constantly bustling.

Day 2: The Ulanqab Experience - Double Down on the Authentic

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 7:00 AM): Wake up. Still jet-lagged. Immediately regret not packing earplugs. The city is ALIVE.

    • Messier Structure: Okay, I need coffee. Badly. Actually, I need a whole pot. Forget "continental breakfast," I need fuel.
  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Breakfast, a desperate search for coffee. Found a local shop - the coffee was strong, dark, and not particularly pretty, but it was a lifesaver.

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Back to the streets! Decided to embrace the madness and wander. Found a local market teeming with life. Stalls overflowing with… everything. Vegetables I've never seen before, spices I can't even begin to identify, and a general feeling of controlled chaos.

    • Anecdote: While wandering through the market, I accidentally (and spectacularly) knocked over a pile of watermelons. The entire stall went silent, and all eyes turned on me. Mortified and expecting a lecture in a language I didn't understand, I started desperately gesturing and apologizing, bowing repeatedly. Then, the vendor (who was actually quite good-looking, by the way, even with the watermelon massacre happening around us) just started laughing, and the whole crowd exploded into laughter. Turns out, watermelons are surprisingly resilient. We ended up sharing a laugh and a melon slice. Human connection, baby!
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Lunch. Another noodle adventure. This time, I'm slightly better with the chopsticks. (Emphasis on slightly).

  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): The museum. I can't pretend to understand everything, but the artifacts were beautiful, and the history was fascinating. It's a bit of a shock to my expectations.

  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Stumbled upon a park filled with people playing music, and doing Tai Chi. The music sounded odd. I really enjoyed it.

    • Stronger Emotional Reactions: Seeing the community, there's something about the energy. It's not fancy. It's real, and it's a refreshing change.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner. It was again, a complete gamble!

  • Evening (8:00 PM - onwards): Trying to sleep. Earplugs are a must!

Day 3: The End & Rambling Thoughts

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): The "hotel breakfast" was… better than expected. I suspect it's the same as yesterday.

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Packing and attempting to say goodbye to the hotel, Ulanqab and the life that comes with it.

  • Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): High-speed train back to Beijing. The journey back is more bittersweet.

  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Fly back home.

    • Rambles: What did I really learn? That travel isn't about ticking off boxes. It’s about the moments – the awkward conversations, the unexpected encounters, the food that challenges your taste buds and the sleep that you barely get. That even when things go wrong, when the train is late and the hotel is… well, the hotel… there’s still beauty and magic to be found. Ulanqab wasn't perfect, but it was honest. And it was mine.
  • Evening (4:00 PM - onwards): Back home, jet-lagged, and already dreaming of noodles. I'll be back.

This is a trip I'll never forget.

Cebu's Underwater Kingdom: Unbelievable Little Mermaid Dive Resort!

Book Now

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab: Your Luxury Railway Station Oasis? (Maybe... Let's See!)

Okay, so you're thinking about the Vienna Hotel in Ulan Qab, right? Look, I've been there. Done that. Survived. So let’s dive into this whole "luxury railway station oasis" thing. Prepare yourselves – it's gonna be a ride.

Is it *actually* luxurious? Because "luxury" can be... flexible, let's be honest.

Alright, "luxury." That's the big question, isn't it? Look, it's *Vienna* Hotel, not the Ritz-Carlton… and it's next to a train station in Ulan Qab. Lower your expectations a tad. My first impression? Shiny lobby. Big chandeliers. Lots of marble. Tick, tick, tick... but... the marble sometimes felt a *tad* too much like the kind you find in a public toilet, if you know what I mean. The staff? Generally polite, but "luxury" level attentiveness? Hit or miss. One time, I asked for an ironing board and they brought me a sad, slightly broken one that looked like it had survived the Mongol invasion. The robes? Softish. The slippers? Thin, disposable, and barely made it through the night. So, in short: *aspirational* luxury. Not authentic, drop-dead, knock-your-designer-socks-off luxury. Think… "well-maintained Holiday Inn, but pretending to be a palace."

So, the location...next to the train station. Is that a blessing or a curse?

Okay, this is HUGE. It's literally *next to* the train station. Like, you can practically smell the diesel fuel and hear the announcements. Which, if you’re catching a train, *is* incredibly convenient. Seriously. Roll out of bed, stumble across the courtyard, and BAM! You're on the platform. Saving grace. But… here’s the kicker: the *noise*. Oh, the noise. You're talking horns blaring at 4 AM. The screeching of brakes. The general cacophony of a busy rail hub. I begged for a room on a higher floor. I even offered a bribe (okay, maybe just a bigger tip). Didn't help. The soundproofing? Let's just say it was… optimistic. Pack earplugs. Like, the industrial-strength kind. Trust me. My sanity thanks you. The sheer proximity is a mixed bag. Awesome for train access, awful for sleep.

The rooms – decent? And what about the wifi? Let's be honest, we all need that.

The rooms… again, expectations are key. They're cleanish. Mostly. I once found a stray sock under the bed, which, honestly, I’m not sure if that's a reflection of the cleaners' standards or just the sheer chaos of travel. The beds are… okay. Not the worst I've ever slept in, not the best. The decor is… beige. Very beige. Safe beige. Utterly unremarkable beige. The bathrooms are functional. The shower pressure *might* get you clean, eventually. Now, the wifi, that's where things get… interesting. It exists. Sometimes. Occasionally, it's fast enough to check email. Other times, it's slower than a snail on molasses. Don't expect to stream anything. Forget about video calls. Basically, if you rely on the internet for your sanity (like, who doesn't?), prepare for intermittent frustration. I spent one whole afternoon trying to upload photos to Instagram and I’m pretty sure my blood pressure rose about 20 points.

What's the deal with the food situation? Breakfast? Dinner? Anything worth eating?

Breakfast, ah yes. The hotel breakfast always gives you a little hope. You go down thinking, "Maybe! Maybe this will be the perfect start!" And then... *sigh*. It's included, so there's that. It's… adequate. The usual suspects: bland scrambled eggs (somehow always a little rubbery), questionable sausages, toast that's either rock-hard or soggy, and a fruit selection that looks like it spent a week in a Tupperware container. The coffee? Let's just say, I’ve had better from a gas station. But! They *do* have a noodle soup station. And sometimes, if you're lucky, it's pretty decent. I remember one morning, I was practically starving, hungover after a terrible night's sleep, and that soup, that simple, steaming, salty broth, was a godsend. It didn't erase the previous night, but it provided a momentary reprieve. The dinner situation? I didn't even bother. There are better options outside the hotel, believe me. Or, you know, order room service. Which, again, can be a crapshoot depending on the staff on duty.

Any hidden gems or unexpected surprises? Tell me something GOOD!

Okay, okay, I've been a bit harsh. Here's the thing: I *did* discover a hidden gem. Well, maybe "gem" is stretching it. But there's a small tea shop just outside the hotel. Not the hotel's tea shop, a *different* one. Run by this sweet old lady who makes the most amazing, strong, fragrant tea. Proper tea. You can sit in the shop and watch the locals go by, take a breather from the diesel fumes, and feel… almost peaceful. And it's cheap! So, yeah, that was a highlight. Also... and this is so random, but… the lobby has a grand piano. And sometimes, very late at night, one of the staff members will play it. Badly. But with passion. And it's kind of… charming. In a very, very strange, Ulan Qab, next-to-the-train-station kind of way. It’s not something I’d advertise on a brochure, but I did find myself lingering in the lobby one night just to listen (and to judge, of course). So maybe... yes... maybe there is some kind of charm amongst all the other flaws?

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Okay, the million-dollar question. And… the answer is… it depends. If I HAD to be near the train station and there were NO other real options? (And let's be real, there probably aren’t many.) Then yeah, probably. But I'd go armed with industrial-strength earplugs, my own snacks, and a healthy dose of realistic expectations. It's not a *terrible* hotel. It's just… a hotel. And the "luxury" tag is, in all honesty, a bit of a stretch. But hey, it got me through. And the noodle breakfast did hit the spot that one time. So, to wrap this up? Not the dream hotel, but functional, and with a couple of moments that weren't bad. Proceed with caution. Pack earplugs. And maybe stop at that tea shop...

Hotels In Asia Search

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China

Vienna Hotel Ulan Qab New District High-Speed Railway Station Ulanqab China